Dans le cadre de leur veille, les développeurs d'Anybox mettent en lumière les bibliothèques et autres outils python, mais pas que.
Cranelift is a low-level retargetable code generator. It translates a target-independent intermediate representation into executable machine code.
- 20%-30% faster debug build times than the LLVM backend
- reusing most of an existing binary during incremental compilation, only rewriting the code that has actually changed.
- compile Rust programs using 100% Rust code, since cranelift is written in #Rust
Boundary is an open source solution that automates a secure identity-based user access to hosts and services across environments.
- privilégier les solutions « open source » lorsqu’elles sont équivalentes en matière de fonctionnalités, de coût total et de cybersécurité (ce principe a déjà été adopté par la Commission en 2018 et discuté dans ce communiqué) ;
- adopter une culture de travail fondée sur les principes du code source ouvert, le partage et la réutilisation ;
- s’assurer que les codes utilisés et partagés sont exempts de failles en appliquant des tests de sécurité continus ;
- encourager des normes et spécifications ouvertes qui sont mises en œuvre et diffusées selon le principe du code source ouvert ;
- mettre en place un bureau de programme open source (OSPO, Open Source Program Office) qui agira en tant que facilitateur pour toutes les activités décrites dans la stratégie et le plan d’action ; il aidera les spécialistes des différents domaines concernés, encouragera les directions générales et contribuera à équilibrer les priorités internes et les activités externes.
Dapr is a portable, event-driven runtime that makes it easy for developers to build resilient, microservice stateless and stateful applications that run on the cloud and edge and embraces the diversity of languages and developer frameworks. #kubernetes #devops
A faster CPython, the overall aim is to speed up CPython by a factor of (approximately) five. We aim to do this in four distinct stages, each stage increasing the speed of CPython by (approximately) 50%. 1.5**4 ≈ 5 Each stage will be targetted at a separate release of CPython. A faster schedule is possible, but we believe that predictable and reliable performance improvements are more important than squeezing out the maximum performance for each release. Of course delays in software development are all too common, so a release might need to be skipped. #python
Monorepo vs. polyrepo , Monorepo means using one repository that contains many projects, and polyrepo means using a repository per project. This page discusses the similarities and differences, and has advice and opinions on both. #vcs
BetterThanJson, Basically the goal is to answer the question, “can we find something better than JSON?” However, note that we are looking at these things for DATA SERIALIZATION, not for config files and stuff, so that’s the goal by which these will be judged.
Calla , even when it works, teleconferencing still kind of sucks. Only one person can realistically talk at any one time. This is fine for people giving presentations, but in real meetings, people speak over and around each other, or pair off into smaller subgroups, still being able to overhear the larger group. Calla adds a small, RPG-style map to the Jitsi meeting view. It gives you an avatar to walk around the room. Users choose where to sit in relation to other users. Users very close to you are set to full volume. Users a little far away have their volume scaled down accordingly. Users too far away to care about are rendered with zero volume. #visio
We deleted the production database by accident, Today at around 10:45pm CET, after a couple of glasses of red wine, we deleted the production database by accident . Over 300.00 scoreboards and their associated data were vaporised in an instant. #devops
- Manage dependencies: convert between formats, install, lock, add new, resolve conflicts.
- Manage virtual environments: create, remove, inspect, run shell, run commands inside.
- Install CLI tools into isolated environments.
- Manage packages: install, list, search on PyPI.
- Build packages (to upload on PyPI), test, bump project version.
- Discover licenses of all project dependencies, show outdated packages, find security issues.
- Generate .editorconfig, LICENSE, AUTHORS, .travis.yml.